Summer will be here before we know it, and we’re looking to fill camp counselor positions for 2016. Great counselors are key to an awesome summer at Camp Fletcher, and we work to ensure that each summer staff member has the skills and characteristics they need to succeed at Camp Fletcher. Working at a summer camp is hard work, but it’s worth the effort.We think being a counselor at Camp Fletcher is the best way to spend your summer! If you love the outdoors and working with kids, we’re looking for you – check out all of the qualities we look for in our summer camp counselors below:
- Love for the outdoors: If you love being outside and can handle the heat of an Alabama summer, this could be the job for you! Our counselors lead hikes, canoe, play field games and basically spend the entire day outside. It’s hard work, but it’s also tons of fun if you love being outside!
- Flexibility and a positive attitude: Our counselors have to be flexible and must have the ability to adapt to unexpected situations. Whether it means staying calm in a stressful situation or leading an activity you weren’t expecting, our counselors should be able to think on their feet and love a good challenge.
- Great with kids: Our campers are our #1 focus, and we’re here to insure they have an amazing summer camp experience! Our counselors have the opportunity to become role models, and it’s super important that they enjoy teaching and caring for children.
- Leadership abilities: Our counselors have to be able to lead campers, and this often means strong communication and decision-making skills. If you have strong leadership skills or are seriously looking to develop them, this might be the right job for you!
- Desire to learn and grow: Our best counselors know that, while they might be great at their job, there’s always room for improvement. Spending a summer at Camp Fletcher can be a great way to learn more about yourself and grow as a person!
You’ll leave camp with unique skills, new best friends, and a ton of great memories. Our counselors have FUN, but they also learn a lot about their skills and their passions. A summer at camp is truly an experience you’ll never forget! If you’ve got what it takes, and you think this sounds like a good fit for you, visit the summer staff job page on our website to learn more about the position and how to apply!